The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep

Year: 2007
Rated: PG

Every big secrets starts small ... a boy stumbled on a mysterious egg along the shores of Loch Ness that hatches a creature of Scottish legend.
+++++++++++++++++++++
You got an animal in there? Look, you better let me in or your mother will hear about this.
No.
Let me in. Listen, you two, all right? I have to do my job.
Your mother told me this bathroom has been out of order-What- What is that?
He came from an egg at the tide pool. His name's Crusoe.
What in the name of-? Almost took my hand off.
He thinks I'm his father.
I wonder... It just can't be.
Can't be what?
Well, it looks like a... Like a bloody water horse. They're make-believe. A legend from the Celtic past. They're said to be the rarest of all creatures. There can be only one water horse in the world at a time. When the one grows old, it lays a single egg, and then it dies.
Crusoe's a girl?
No. No, lad, he's girl and boy both. The beast is both mum and dad to the egg. The old water horse dies before the egg hatches...
...so the new water horse is born an orphan. Oh, that's sad.
It's an amazing thing though, isn't it?
Angus! Kirstie!
Don't tell her. She'd make us get rid of it. Will you help us, Mr. Lewis?
You're asking me to deceive your mother.
Angus? Kirstie? What are you doing in there?
I was helping Mr. Lewis fix the pipes.
Since when have pipes been an interest of yours?
Wait! It's a bad time to interrupt him. Plumbing is tricky. It's like surgery. One mistake could mean death.
Mr. Lewis found the problem. I can explain. He- Always been handy with the plumbing. He's a genius.
And you helped, did you, Angus?
Yes, I- I handed the tools.
And you, Kirstie?
No. I came to get Angus to show him the civil assistance manual.
It's getting a bit cramped in here, so off you go. Did a grand job, Angus. Bye.
It's the pipes. It's the air locks bubbling through, you see. Angus was a great help.
So you said.
Oh, dear. Excuse me. That's- The doctor warned me not to eat haggis for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment