Rescue Dawn

Year: 2007
Rated: PG-13

This is a brilliant movie about survival as a POW based on a true story. U.S. Navy pilot Dieter Dengler was shot down and captured in Laos during the Vietnam War. He led a death-defying escape even after physical and psychological torture. It is sobering to see what it is to be a war hero.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Anyway, nice having met you.

What do you mean, met?

Well, my friends, you can rot in here if you like, but I'm gonna scram this very night. This hut, it ain't no prison.

Scram. I like that. I like that. Listen, listen, my friend, you cannot escape. If you try to escape, you'll screw up our release.
But without water, you won't survive more than two days out there. And without water, your tracks will be visible for even more. The jungle is the prison. Don't you get it?

Hey, when does the rainy season start?

Five months, maybe six.

I can't wait that long.

Hey, listen, let's say you do survive the jungle and lack of water, whatever you find, snakes and animals are out there, you won't make it out of camp. There's six guards posted during the day.
Yeah.

That is during the day. I'm going at night.
Why, what happens at night?

No comments:

Post a Comment