Saving Private Ryan

Year: 1999
Rated: R
This movie is not for everyone due to the intense war scenes and languages that can be disturbing, however, there are moments that are truely inspiring.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sir...
I have an opinion on this matter.
Well, by all means, share it with the squad.
Well, from my way of thinking, sir,
this entire mission is a serious misallocation of valuable military resources.
Yeah. Go on.
Well, it seems to me, sir, that God made me a fine instrument of warfare.
Reiben, pay attention. This is the way to gripe!
Continue, Jackson.
What I mean, sir, if you put me and this rifle within one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir...
Pack your bags, fellas. War's over. Amen.
Oh, that's brilliant, bumpkin.
So, Captain, what about you?
You don't gripe at all?
I don't gripe to you, Reiben. I'm a captain.
There's a chain of command. Gripes go up, not down.
You gripe to me, I gripe to my superiors and so on.
I don't gripe to you or in front of you.
I'm sorry, sir, but, uh... Let's say you weren't a captain.
What would you say then?
Well, in that case, I'd say this is an excellent mission, sir, with an extremely valuable objective, sir, worthy of my best efforts, sir.
Moreover... I feel heartfelt sorrow for the mother of Private James Ryan and will lay down my life and the lives of my men, especially you, Reiben, to ease her suffering.
- He's good.
- I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment